Installed Fedora Core 3 test 2 broke grub

Andrew Farris fedora at andrewfarris.com
Tue Oct 19 08:18:54 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-10-19 at 06:13 +0000, Michael A. Peters wrote:
> On 10/18/2004 06:49:57 PM, Sean Lebeau wrote:
>

> > Does anyone have any idea what I did wrong on the install? or has
> > this
> > happened to anyone else?
>
> Mine went fine - but I always do a clean install.
> I did notice though that I told it to ignore other operating systems,
> and it added an entry for my fat32 partition that doesn't have an OS
> (my win xp partition - I remove from the ide chain)
>
> So there definitely is work in that area that needs to be done.

Specifically... added what kind of entry?  An entry for your fat32
partition.. in Grub?  Or do you mean it is being mounted, an entry in
fstab?  If your win XP partition was removed from the chain, then did
you end up with a grub entry for a non-bootable partition with no OS on
it?  Perhaps that fat32 partition is marked bootable without an OS, use
fdisk to look and see).
fdisk -l /dev/hda

--
Andrew Farris <andrew at andrewfarris.com> <lordmorgul on freenode>
- CPE student, Cal Poly SLO

"..the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." (Edmond Burke)