Installation FC3-T3: Installation in graphical mode -> mission impossible

Roger Grosswiler roger at gwch.net
Wed Oct 20 06:33:29 UTC 2004

Hi,

i try to install FC3/T3 on a HP XT1000 / S3 Savage4. I am quite sure, it will work in text mode. But as i am a dummy
user and prefer klicking around the get the OS on my machine, i prefer graphical mode.

Booting does well, also the initial grey x-screen with the x-mouse comes well - until FC3 starts its first
splash-screen. The output is glued on the upper left corner instead in the middle of the screen, the buttons are
invisible. Like this, FC3 T3 is in graphical mode uninstallable. BTW HW detected my videocard alright, altough the
monitor is set to unknown.

Do you have a workaround for the bootprompt?

Roger