Up2date--fatal error communicating with server

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Thu Oct 21 22:00:15 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-10-21 at 17:31 -0400, G. Vincent Castellano wrote:
> An HTTP error occurred:
> Status Code: 404
> Error Message: Not Found
>
> Do I need to do something manually to get updates working again?

Yes. Notice it's looking for "updates-released-fc3". Since we are so
close to release date, they change the /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources file
to point to the locations for FC3. But those are of course not what you
want.

The RPM transaction should have saved the old sources file as
sources.rpmsave. So:

# cd /etc/sysconfig/rhn
# mv sources sources.rpmnew
# mv sources.rpmsave sources