Still can't get X to start after latest up2date

Eamonn Sullivan eamonn.sullivan at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 11:37:06 UTC 2004

Further on this (sorry, should have check this first): Pinging
www.google.com works as expected (redhat just must not respond to
pings) and Mozilla runs and connects to sites without problems, so it
seems it's just Firefox that has decided to call it quits on me. There
are no discernible messages in any of the logs (but perhaps someone
has a better idea where to look for firefox errors).

I must have had some up2date setting wrong because I'm finding that I
need to redo a lot of basic settings. I checked and I definitely have
the option turned on to not update packages where the local
configuration has changed.