What's up with udev?

Mark Haney mhaney at interactsys.com
Fri Oct 22 14:28:46 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-10-22 at 10:20, Jon Savage wrote:
> >Granted it's running in VMware, but
> > it always hangs at starting udev.  I've heard bits and pieces concerning
> > this, but is this an issue on a non-VMware installed version of T3?
> Regular install i.e non VMware works fine on my laptop. List traffic
> suggests that there are quite a few people running test 3 on laptops
> fairly happily.
> I suspect it may be VMware or possibly some other issue w/ your
> machine. Make, model, specs would be helpful information to have, then
> you could see if anyone else has experienced that issue.
Actually, I'm more interested in whether the issue was general or if it
might be related to VMWare.  I'm really looking forward to installing it
on my laptop since I have been very impressed with the new GUI and
features.  Who knows, it might be XP (the host) realizing I have a damn
good distro in VMWare and it's rebelling!

> Bests

> Jon

Mark Haney
Network Administrator
InterAct Public Safety Systems
mhaney at interactsys.com
Fedora Core release 2 (Tettnang) Kernel: 2.6.8-1.521 GNU/Linux