What's up with udev?

Glen Staufer alaxsxaq at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 14:32:04 UTC 2004

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 09:38:01 -0400, Mark Haney <mhaney at interactsys.com> wrote:
> I am really looking forward to installing T3 on my laptop so that I can
> really start using it day to day, my only problem is my test copy just
> does not like to boot consistently.  Granted it's running in VMware, but
> it always hangs at starting udev.  I've heard bits and pieces concerning
> this, but is this an issue on a non-VMware installed version of T3?

I'm running T3 (updated from T2) on a Dell Precision M50 and did have
some udev problems during one update iteration, but the problems did
not prevent the system from booting and aside from logged errors, did
not cause noticeable problems.  At the moment, I am very pleased with
Fedora - everything works quite well.