cdrdao missing and required for K3b

DAVID BENTLEY david.r.bentley at btinternet.com
Sat Oct 23 13:53:54 UTC 2004

Just tried the CD burning application K3b and on doing
a system check you get the following error message :-

Unable to find cdrdao executable
K3b uses cdrdao to actually write CDs.
Solution: Install the cdrdao package.

so i checked and it is not installed and can't be via
Add/Remove Applications so I uninstalled K3b and
re-installed it and then went and got the offered
update from Rawhide which went OK and it still
complains so I checked Rawhide and cdrdao is there to
install so this would appear to be a package that
needs to be added to the intall by default in the
FINAL FC3.

I have just checked FC3T3 and found the package on
CD#4

I will check bugzilla before putting in bug report.