Updating

Diahron Grismore diahron at earthlink.net
Sat Oct 23 17:35:54 UTC 2004

I am having serious problems trying to get the system updated. Lately
yum and up2date has been getting wiped out notoriusly for some reason.
Admittedly one of the main problems is my lack of knowledge of the linux
OS. I used yum to update the system yesterday, it ran for over 10hrs
downloading files, messing up, not finding files - losing files -
resolving deps and so forth.  It got so bad I just freshly re-installed
the system only to have yum to:
(1) complete destroyed - yum.conf file (emptied it completely.)
(2) totally removed -  /etc/sysconf/rhn/sources (nothing there anymore.)
running yum update yum...gives errors i.e. - Insufficient repository
configuration. No repositories Found/Enabled. Aborting. While running
up2date gives: can't access /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources, then bring up a
blank update screen go through the motions and just  quit.
At this point I am lost without a clue. Will not give up, but do need help.