(no subject)

Ben Steeves ben.steeves at gmail.com
Sat Oct 23 19:44:36 UTC 2004

On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 14:50:48 -0200, Brunno Pessoa <ampelmann at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry, but do you mean with mkinitrd? I just got to run it from the
> prompt line? Could you give me an example?

You shouldn't need it in this case, 'cos nothing involved in booting
is being changed.  But for future reference:

mkinitrd {path to initrd} {kernel version}

for example:

mkinitrd /boot/initrd-2.6.9-1.639.img 2.6.9-1.639

would write a new initrd for use with the 2.6.9-1.639 kernel  and
place it in /boot.  Of course, this should already exist, so you would
need -f to force an over-write (or better yet, move the original to a
backup location first!!!)

What initrd is and what it does is covered here:
http://www.rt.com/man/initrd.4.html
Ben Steeves                     _                    bcs at metacon.ca
 The ASCII ribbon campaign     ( )            ben.steeves at gmail.com
http://www.metacon.ca/bcs      / \     Yahoo Messenger: ben_steeves