Experience with acpi

Amitabha Roy royab at bc.edu
Sun Oct 24 03:35:07 UTC 2004

Hello:
I have finally been able to suspend my laptop (Toshiba Satellite S703)
using a script suspend_to_ram.sh
in /etc/acpi/actions which is called on various events.

The problem is that to suspend the laptop, I have to kill acpid.  If
acpid is kept on when I suspend,
the laptop will go into suspend fine - but on resume,  the machine will
go into shutdown mode.

So to suspend, I  have to kill acpid. However, on resume, I now need
acpid - after all, to see battery charge status etc...
Now if I do start acpid with /usr/sbin/acpid, I get into the same
trouble. The machine shuts down.

I have attached the suspend_to_ram script below that I am using. Any
suggestions from laptop users of FC3T3 ?
This script was pulled from the web, I did a few changes to it. Is
removing usb modules really necessary ?

Amitabha