Kernel Panic on JFS install of test 3

Pedro Fernandes Macedo webmaster at margo.bijoux.nom.br
Sun Oct 24 03:05:37 UTC 2004

Colin Charles wrote:

>On Sun, 2004-10-17 at 04:28, Pedro Fernandes Macedo wrote:
>

>>I've just tried to install test 3 on my system here using JFS (to check
>>if an old JFS crashing bug was fixed - bug number 122603) and found
>>other bug...
>>

>selinux=0 I presume

Yep.. I wish jfs had the necessary support for selinux....

>Remove mount by labels in /etc/fstab and pass the actual device name,
>and see if that works (so re-mount in rescue mode, to fix)

Didnt need to go that far... Changing the root=LABEL=/1 in grub to point
to the right device did the trick... Now I only need to update the
kernel to check if the problem is gone for good (my connection is having
issues this week and the ISP is taking ages to solve this problem...
it's not fun to download all those updates at 5KB/s....)

I'll report later if any update fix this.. if not , time to bugzilla it...

--
Pedro Macedo