Missing menu items after upgrade

Carwyn Edwards carwyn at carwyn.com
Sun Oct 24 16:28:55 UTC 2004

I have just upgraded from FC2 to FC3test3 then synced up to the current
rawhide. All went well apart from the nvidia troubles but the latest
nvidia dev rpms on livna fix everything quite well.

What I have noticed is that I seem to have various Applications menu
items that are missing, most notably Mozilla and Evolution.

Both the evolution and mozilla rpms are installed and the .desktop files
  are present (rpm -V passes on both).

At first I thought it was a "preferred applications" thing but even
changing my preferred apps didn't being them into existence.

Am I missing something obvious here?

Carwyn