Remote Printing

Jeffrey D. Yuille jeffy5 at optonline.net
Sun Oct 24 20:16:06 UTC 2004

Hello,

     Can some help me with this problem:  I have Fedora Core 3t3 installed on
a Dell Inspiron 4000 along with Fedora Core 2 installed on an IBM T-30
ThinkPad.  I also have Fedora Core 2 installed on a Dell Dimension XPS T600r.
All is working fine except for one thing:  These computers are part of a
local Ethernet LAN where there is a Windows 2003 Server.  I have a printer
connected to the Dell Dimension desktop as a local printer.  I also use a
wireless card for both the IBM and Dell Laptops, which work perfectly through
a Linksys Wireless Router.  Previously I had another Linux distribution on
the Dell Dimension (Mandrake) instead of Fedora Core 2.  With this other
distribution, I was able to print wirelessly through the laptops.  With
Fedora Core 2 installed on the Dell Dimension desktop, I can longer print
remotely through Fedora Core 2 and 3 on either laptop.  Is there something
with Fedora Core 2 or 3 that will not let me print wirelessly?  I also have
set up the laptops to use CUPS to connect remotely to a printer (Epson Stylus
C80) connected to the Dell Dimension desktop.  Has anyone experienced this
problem?