Netapplet

Andrew cmkrnl at speakeasy.net
Mon Oct 25 15:27:35 UTC 2004

Hi,

I've noticed its not _until_ I plug my wireless card in (its a cardbus Netgear WG511) that I get the notification area icon.  Plus, if I save my session settings then I get n+1 NetworkManagerInfo processes the next time I log in.  Since originally I had my session settings saved automatically they began to pile up. Now that I've turned session setting save "off" its much better. -- I think Dan may be working on that -- if I've read the NetworkManger list right. On a positive note, though I would say that in terms of being smart about stuff I've found NetworkManager to be better than netapplet - like if my wired connection is plugged in an I don't have a wireless connection or card it brings up the wired connection just like I would want it to. So that is a win in the "just works" column.

Andrew