Very Bad Thing: system-config-network horribly broken

Patrick Jordan volinux at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 17:28:54 UTC 2004

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 11:00:36 -0600, Rodolfo J. Paiz
<rpaiz at simpaticus.com> wrote:
> -On Sat, 2004-10-23 at 00:25 -0400, Patrick Jordan wrote:
> > I noticed some abnormalities with the earlier test3 versions, but
> > since deleting all my configurations and remaking them I've had no
> > problems.  The current version seems to work fine.
> >

> Which version are you running? I have system-config-network-1.3.22-1 on
> FC3-T3 and it's still broken for me. I won't be able to attempt an
> install of RC1 until maybe tonight or tomorrow, but RC1 includes the
> same version in any case.

Same version here, from rawhide.

> To recap (and to see if we're talking about the same thing): if I set
> eth0 active and eth1 inactive for Work profile, then eth0 inactive and
> eth1 active for Home, when I save changes and the dust settles down I
> will end up with the Home devices set active in ALL profiles.

The only time I see this behaviour is with the default Common profile.
If you set something in the common profile it gets set or unset in all
profiles.
I checked and you can't rename the common profile, but maybe copying
it gives you the same behavior? I'm not sure how you created your
profiles, maybe this has something to do with it though.