ntfs kernel module

Paul Iadonisi pri.rhl3 at iadonisi.to
Tue Oct 26 15:52:27 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-10-26 at 10:35, Alexandre Strube wrote:

[snip]

> The ntfs module used in other distributions is mainly read-only... how
> can this corrupt a file system?

  As wild as it sounds, it has happened.  Even to me, once, but
thankfully on a system that didn't matter.  It was long enough ago that
it wasn't even in the kernel, but some user mode nfts tools that I don't
remember much about.  But I bring it up only to give an example of a
situation where 'read-only' wasn't entirely 'read-only'.

--
-Paul Iadonisi
 Senior System Administrator