FC3 RC1 - Networked LPD server printing still not working.

Satish Balay balay at fastmail.fm
Tue Oct 26 16:31:35 UTC 2004

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004, Gerry Tool wrote:

> I have just done a fresh install of FC3, Release Candidate 1.  Printing to a
> networked LPD server still will not work.  This is a bug (#133064) that is
> assigned to the kernel.
>
> It seems to be dormant without attention.  It will prevent anyone using a
> networked LPD print server from using FC3.

Not exactly what you are trying to do - but I briefly tried using
LPRng's 'lpr' to print directly via the remote lpd - and it works.

lpr -Pprinter at remotemachine ~/.bashrc

I prefer LPRng as:
- I don't need to configure local cupsd/lpd
- I can tunnel print commands easily through ssh/portforwarding.

Satish