FC3-rc1 Rescue CD (refernces to Fedora Core 2.92 test 3)

Per Bjornsson perbj at stanford.edu
Tue Oct 26 21:18:52 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-10-26 at 04:21, Jason 'vanRijn' Kasper wrote:
> I have an IBM A31 laptop and have NEVER been successful in getting it to
> suspend to swap partition in fedora.  Can you describe (PLEASE????) in
> detail what you've done and what you've used to get this to work?
> swsusp2?  pmdisk?  swsusp?  using a stock fedora kernel RPM?  rolled
> your own?

Definitely not the stock Fedora kernel RPM; software suspend is not
enabled in those kernels (see Dave Jones's message on why this is on the
fedora-devel list earlier today:
http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2004-October/msg01369.html

> Please detail this out so I can get this working too!!!!

Pretty much recompile the kernel with "Software Suspend" and hope for
the best... If you dig around on the swsusp2 web site,
http://softwaresuspend.berlios.de/index.html , you might find some more
useful information (perhaps especially the mailing lists/archives).

Good luck,
Per

--
Per Bjornsson <perbj at stanford.edu>
Ph.D. Candidate, Department of Applied Physics, Stanford University