FC3rc1 - firefox problem

Thomas Taylor linxt at comcast.net
Wed Oct 27 02:25:01 UTC 2004

Hi all:

Spent two days getting FC3rc1 loaded and setup to my liking.  Decided to do a
fresh install instead of an upgrade to avoid problems.  Took lots of time to
get all the old info (saved in a separate partition) imported and working.
One thing isn't working though.

When I try to open Firefox, I get a "Choose User Profile" dialog box.  The
only entry in the box is default.  If I select default and click on "Start
Firefox", I get an error message saying "Profile in use, choose another
profile or create a new one".

I then create a new user profile (tom) and Firefox starts and appears to work
properly.  When I exit Firefox and look in the ~/.mozilla/firefox which
contains a new profile dirtectory (z3w8dazx.tom) which appears to contain the
correct information.  However, when I try to open Firefox again, the profile
manager again opens with only "default" user which still doesn't work.

Anyone else run into this problem yet?  I've tried checking
permissions/ownership but they seem okay.  Any suggestions?

Thanks, Tom
--
Tom Taylor
Registered linux user #263467