Reiserfs question

Stephen Smalley sds at epoch.ncsc.mil
Wed Oct 27 13:33:58 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-10-27 at 07:46, Borkowski Dariusz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> how to install FC3 with ReiseFS? I tried it with FC3test2 (after booting
> ISO typed: linux reiserfs) but installer stops just before formatting
> partitions. I sent a bug to bugzilla.redhat.com and someone replied that
> it was because of SELinux.
> I have question. It is possible to install (format) reiserfs partition
> with SELinux enabled? Or if not how to disable SELinux and enable
> ReiserFS?

In theory, there should no longer be a problem with reiserfs and SELinux
in FC3/final.  You won't get fine-grained file labeling, but it
shouldn't deadlock the system anymore, as SELinux has been changed to
just not call the reiserfs xattr handlers until someone fixes them
upstream.

--
Stephen Smalley <sds at epoch.ncsc.mil>
National Security Agency