Reiserfs question

Alexandre Strube surak at casa.surak.eti.br
Wed Oct 27 14:02:23 UTC 2004

Em Qua, 2004-10-27 às 10:40, Amitabha Roy escreveu:

> I am curious about the pros and cons of the various file systems. I have
> always used ext3. Is there any particular reason to use reiserfs  ?
> What benefits do you get ?

Take a look at Reiser's page. It looks like reiserfs was made for
benchmarking.

Some people says it's faster, some people say it's safer. I use it as
default in my own distribution (debian-based), and has not a single
problem with it, even when electricity suddenly comes down. (This cannot
be said for ext3, as a energy interruption screwed my redhat9 ext3 raid0
server).

Besides, I'm not aware of a resizing tool for reiser. It has its own
problems and may not be good for everyone.

Well, If it was that good, it would be part of fedora's default install,
don't you think?

--
[]s

Alexandre Ganso
500 FOUR vermelha - Diretor Steel Goose Moto Group