RC1?

Elliot Lee sopwith at redhat.com
Wed Oct 27 16:57:54 UTC 2004

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004, Mark Haney wrote:

> Okay where'd RC1 come from?  I think I missed that memo.  Is it just
> another name for T3?

The release candidate trees are trees that are candidates to be released
as FC3. I make them available in the interests of keeping you all involved
during the final stages of this FC3 release cycle.

RC[12] are not "official" milestone releases in the same sense as
test1/test2/test3/final - the RC labels are just labels, which I use so
that we have a common language to use when talking about various trees.

Cheers,
-- Elliot