Reiserfs question

ngc4013 at cox.net ngc4013 at cox.net
Wed Oct 27 17:51:51 UTC 2004

In the past I too have lost data due to power outages and ext2 or ext3 filesystems, but now I have exclusively been using reiserfs for about 5 years now on all my boot drives and on my RAID boxes. I typically see >25% speed increase when writing out large files and accessing them for processing purposes and have had zero data loss. Reiserfs4 is looking like it will provide >60% increase in file writes and a boost in file reads... wish it was ready for prime time.

Bill