FC3rc2 - please test

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Wed Oct 27 18:43:22 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 27 October 2004 14:19, Cristian Gafton wrote:
>On Wed, 27 Oct 2004, Carwyn Edwards wrote:
>> >http://testing.fedora.redhat.com/tree/
>> >
>> >Mirror at http://fedora.linux.duke.edu/FC3-rc/3/
>> >
>> >This tree seeks your loving attention in installation and
>> > testing.
>>
>> Is there any particular reason that this tree lives in a different
>> location to the stable and development trees?
>> (download.fedora.redhat.com)
>
>Yes, at least 2 reasons:
>
>a. download.fedora.redhat.com requires several days lead time to
> stage a new tree on, plus additional days time to let the mirrors
> pull down the bits.  Pushing an RC tree to download.fedora would
> effectively create a *lot* of mirror traffic instead of making bits
> accessible immediately to those intersted.
>
>b. We're testing a new configuration for the backend stuff on
>testing.fedora.redhat.com and an RC tree looked like an ideal
> candidate.
>
>So, in essence, you're not only testing the software, you're also
> testing the new configuration for the infrastructure. I'm
> experimenting on y'all.
>
>Cristian

Well, I'd say the 'backend' is working pretty well so far, Christian.
Full pipe speeds from redhat, thats so unusual its got me making
marks on the wall!  However, for FC3RC1, I had to reget 7 of the 9
images due to md5sum failures, the last SRPMS-disk4, 5 times.  My
fault, verizons or yours?  DamnedifIknow.

So this time I'm using wget instead of mozilla.  It just started on
disk4 of the srcs, rescuecd and MD5SUM to go, so I should have it all
in about 3 hours so I can run an md5sum on them, slow DSL, too fur
from the CO (11,800 feet) to upgrade. :-(

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)