Request for a way to hide backup files.

Kim Lux (Mr.) lux at diesel-research.com
Wed Oct 27 19:12:09 UTC 2004

I use a number of tools that generate backup files ie "filename~"

I'd love to have them treated as hidden files so that I don't have to
see them when I'm ls ing dirs and looking on my desktop.  I love having
them, I just don't want to see them unless I am specifically looking for
one.  One place I especially hate this is on the desktop.

I haven't found a way to enable an application to generate the backup
file as ".filename~".

Is there a way to KDE to make backup files, ie "filename~" treated as
hidden files ?

This has been bugging me for a long time.

--
Kim Lux (Mr.) <lux at diesel-research.com>