FC3T3 ? gdb: no debugging symbols found. Using -g3...

Kim Lux (Mr.) lux at diesel-research.com
Wed Oct 27 21:22:14 UTC 2004

I'm trying to debug a feature in kdevelop 3.1.1.  I'm using gdb.  I'm
getting a "no debugging symbols found" error in spite of the Makefile
having cxx args of -g3.

Am I missing something ?  Is there something about gcc in fc3t3 that
makes it incompatible with gdb ?

The gdb version I have installed is "GNU gdb Red Hat Linux
(6.1post-1.20040607.41rh)"  It also states: "This GDB was configured as
"i386-redhat-linux-gnu"."

Also: I'm not sure the error I see in kdevelop isn't related to it
running on fc3t3.  I'll state more when I know more.

--
Kim Lux (Mr.) <lux at diesel-research.com>