Fedora Core 3 RC1 Updates

Kevin McConnell kevymac at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 28 02:20:51 UTC 2004

--- Tim Ryder <tim at lackoffocus.com> wrote:

> I installed FC3-RC1 and all went well.  RC2 just
> came out and FC3 final
> is just around the corner.  Since RC1 is so close to
> FC3 final, will I
> be able to just change my repos and install the
> redhat-release package,
> then update via yum to get to FC3 final or will I
> have to download the
> ISO and install again?

      Tim,
FWIW, the preferred method of testing releases is to
reinstall fresh, although upgrading a final release of
a previous core version to these test releases
wouldn't hurt either, as nobody should be using
release candidates in a production environment. You
could also just stay current with the rawhide packages
if you wanted up to the minute fixes for the time
being.
HTH

=====
Kevin C. McConnell --RHCE # 805299480800193 since July 2, 1999-- <Red Hat Certified Engineer>
Freedom in software, now freedom in life.
http://www.freestateproject.org/