no yum sources for fc3-rc2?

Andrew Farris fedora at andrewfarris.com
Thu Oct 28 02:45:02 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-10-27 at 17:52 -0400, Jason 'vanRijn' Kasper wrote:
> I just installed fc3-rc2 clean today--used a network install--and there
> was no /etc/yum.conf or /etc/yum.repos.d/* files.  Is this right?  Or
> where should one point to be up-to-date with rc2 (I realize that it's a
> quickly-obsolete target and all).

Make sure you have the latest 'fedora-release' package installed since
it now will come with those files, not yum.

> Also, as I mentioned above, I did a network install, but the "add/remove
> applications" interface still expected me to have CD's to put in for
> changes after installation was done?  Is that a known bug, or being
> worked on, or should I enter a bugzilla, does anyone know?

Add/Remove Applications does not work with network installs at all
afaik.. use yum to install new applications you did not get.  You can
install groups with yum.

--
Andrew Farris (lordmorgul) <andrew at andrewfarris.com>
- CPE student, Cal Poly SLO, pgp keyid 4430F405 pgp.mit.edu