Volume Control not working

Per Bjornsson perbj at stanford.edu
Thu Oct 28 16:54:58 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-10-28 at 09:44, Jerone Young wrote:
> Hmm, this again sounds like someone using an older FC3 release, if
> this is the issue that  affected everyone. It is now fixed. Try a nice
> reinstall of the the FC3 release Candidate.

Updating to the latest package really should be good enough in this
case. And maybe try some non-obvious sliders. On my laptop it turns out
that the "Headphone" control is the only one that actually matters under
ALSA, both for the internal speakers and the actual headphone port...

/Per

--
Per Bjornsson <perbj at stanford.edu>
Ph.D. Candidate, Department of Applied Physics, Stanford University