FC3rc2 - please test

Graydon graydon at epiphyte.net
Thu Oct 28 22:21:30 UTC 2004

On Tue, Oct 26, 2004 at 06:57:11PM -0400, Elliot Lee scripsit:
> http://testing.fedora.redhat.com/tree/
>
> Mirror at http://fedora.linux.duke.edu/FC3-rc/3/
>
> This tree seeks your loving attention in installation and testing. Please
> speak now (via http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/) or forever hold your
> peace about critical bugs. :) And thanks for taking the time so far on
> FC3rc1.

These aren't critical, but --

I didn't install gnome.  /etc/sysconfig/desktop still says 'gnome',
which means first boot ran under something *way* back in the fallback,
despite having both KDE and XFCE4 checked in the custom install process.
This looked pretty broken even knowing to check /etc/sysconfig/desktop

Why are the alsa volume settings not a config file, so new alsa rpms
(such as from kde-redhat) won't set everything back to total silence?
(I'm not sure that updates from Fedora don't do that, too, but I'm now
sure that the install doesn't leave the volume settings at zero.)

No AfterStep.  Tsk. :)

Switching to exim from sendmail seems to have required fixfiles to allow
exim to work; I have no idea why that might be the case.

Generally very spiffy; completely smooth and untroubled install.