FC3rc5

Markku Kolkka markkukolkka at kolumbus.fi
Fri Oct 29 22:49:42 UTC 2004

Kim Lux kirjoitti viestissään (lähetysaika lauantai, 30.
lokakuuta 2004 01:37):
> To me, "support" means that when I ask for advice and tell
> someone that my installation was an upgrade they don't laugh
> at me and tell me to uninstall and reinstall fresh.  That is a
> Windows concept, not the sort of attitude we can have with
> servers and workstation machines.

You should not install test releases to production servers or
workstations in the first place. A Fedora Core test release is
_not_ "the latest bleeding edge distro" for your machine, it's
meant for TESTING! In order to meaningfully test a piece of
software the system must be in a known state, so you must be
prepared to freshly install the test system at any time.

--
 Markku Kolkka
 markku.kolkka at iki.fi