FC3rc5

Andrew W. Donoho awd at DDG.com
Sun Oct 31 04:51:29 UTC 2004

On Oct 29, 2004, at 16:03, Elliot Lee wrote:
> This is likely to be the last FC3 release candidate, so please give it
> all
> the loving attention you possibly can. It does have fixes for some of
> the
> more serious issues reported here - your efforts are having results.
> When
> testing FC3rc5, things that could use extra-special attention are
> upgrades
> and the kernel. Please make sure to file any showstopper bugs (data
> loss
> or corruption, major install/upgrade failures)  in bugzilla and bring
> the
> bug #'s to our attention.

Folks,

	I tried to upgrade an FC2 SMP i686 system on an LVM managed disk. The
system did not update grub properly. When I hand edited grub, the
system then panicked. I'll report more later after I've had time to dig
in deeper.

Andrew

Andrew W. Donoho
awd at DDG.com, PGP Key ID: 0x81D0F250
+1 (512) 453-6652 (o), +1 (512) 750-7596 (m)