Kudos to whomever worked on the synaptics touchpad driver !

Kim Lux lux at diesel-research.com
Sun Oct 31 18:04:15 UTC 2004

I'm using the new synaptics touchpad driver on my HP ZD7280.  It works
very, very well, better than it does in Windows.  The scroll function is
really handy.

I've got two small criticisms:

a) I dislike the "select when heldover" because it sometimes opens
things I don't want to have opened.  Is there a way to disable this ?

b) The cursor gets a little jumpy in the corners, most noticeably when
trying to open the menu in KDE.  I'm wondering if there is something in
the cursor positioning algorithm that causes this.

I love how the tap and double tap work now.

Question: is there a way to set the synaptics device parameters in a
graphical tool, ie like system-config-mouse ?