lots of brokenness (was: Re: module-init-tools-3.0-2.i386.rpm)

Paul Iadonisi pri.rhl3 at iadonisi.to
Thu Sep 2 23:51:08 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-09-02 at 10:07, Paul Iadonisi wrote:

[snip]

> > What errors are you seeing? On the screen or the logs? SE Linux related? This is
> > too vague to go looking through the code for.
>
>   Apologies.  I'm well aware the my post was vague.  I haven't had a
> chance to get the details.  But one of significance is several lines
> printed of the form (not exact):
>
> Permission denied: "/dev/null"
>
>   I'll try to get better details to the list later today.

  Well, I guess it's all moot, now.  The latest update fixed all the
problems I was having.  Additionally, I'm not getting an kernel panics.
Looks like it was mostly related to mismatched initscripts/udev
versions.  Might be a dependency problem, but I wouldn't say that it
really matters, since it's mid release.  Seems (according to Jeremy
Katz's response to my original message) that initscripts-7.76 is needed
for udev-030-11.

--
-Paul Iadonisi
 Senior System Administrator