few questions: backup, Samba problems.

Bart Kalita bartk at clara.co.uk
Mon Sep 6 19:43:29 UTC 2004

I finally pluck up the courage to ask few questions:

Is there a backup program that would backup my home folder and evolution
settings?

I'm thinking about testing daily trees via boot.iso and it would be
useful to have a backup. And proper 2.91 is just around a corner and I'm
thinking about a clean install but do not feel like setting up KDE to my
liking again..and again and again.

I want to backup via network to a MS server ( yes, I know )

Since update via Cd's form 2.91 test tree I've lost my mounted drives,
they do not appear in my home folder anymore, connecting from MS
machines is still possible but connection takes quite a long while.
proper listing still appear in the fstab.

after first reboot I had both drives, one from each machine visible and
accessible, then connection to XP SP2 disappeared and soon after a
connection to server 2003.

and finally ... an idea, still in a early stage, call it early alpha,

http://bart-domain.com/fedora/fedora_boxset.jpg

Bart Kalita  MCP

Registered Linux User #347493  Fedora Core 3 test 1

http://www.bart-domain.com

http://astradine.no-ip.org