Evolution and https

Mike Chambers mike at netlyncs.com
Fri Sep 10 19:58:20 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-09-10 at 13:54 -0400, Thomas DuVally wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-09-10 at 08:56, Mike Chambers wrote:
> > Not sure if this is an Evolution problem, or gnome/system problem.  But
> > when there is a link with https, it won't trigger any programs (In my
> > case, firefox or mozilla).  And I don't see a program any longer that
> > allows me to add an extension or prefix or whatever to let https open in
> > a program.
> >

> I just found a fix to a similar problem.  Gnome not allowing you to set
> a default browser for https.  This command sets it:
>
> gconftool-2 --set /desktop/gnome/url-handlers/https/command -t string
> 'your-browser-here %s'

This didn't seem to fix it for me.  I just replaced 'your-browser-here %
s' with 'firefox %s' in the command and still nothing.

> Also, just to nit-pick, this issue doesn't really belong in
> fedora-test-list, more like fedora-list.

Being as I'm using FC3t1 and testing, this would be the *only* place
(besides bugzilla or devel-list) to post.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"It's only funny until someone gets hurt...Then it's hilarious!"