eggcups

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Sun Sep 26 21:56:28 UTC 2004

On Sun, 26 Sep 2004 13:52:46 -0500, Justin Georgeson
<jgeorgeson at lopht.net> wrote:
> Both buttons result in the dialog returning. Stopping both the cups and
> cups-config-daemon services doesn't get rid of it. I pretty much have to
> just windowshade it (it won't minimize) and put it off somewhere it
> won't bother me.

gnome-session-properties ...current session tab.
set eggcups from reswpan  to normal or trash and apply.

gnome-session-properties should be in the preference menus but
control-center package  has an incorrect desktop for it with a wrong
category listing so its not showing up in the menus.

What you are seeing is a limitation to the current gnome-session's
handling of "respawnable"
applications. You have to know the application is set to respawn and
you have to know that you can change that setting via the
gnome-session-properties dialog because there is no feedback in the ui
to hint to you that this is a session managed application set to
respawn.

-jef