latest update to FC3-test1 hoses the system

Mike Chambers mike at netlyncs.com
Thu Sep 2 23:04:59 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-09-02 at 11:41 -0500, Mike Klinke wrote:

> Several of us have run into the same problem.  What worked for me
> was to boot up, navigate to the /var/cache/yum/development/packages
> directory, rollback to the previous version of module-init-tools:

I just booted with the last working kernel, while removing
my /etc/modprobe.conf.dist file before hand and that seemed to allow me
to boot and everything *seem* to work until the next round of updates,
which is going on as I type this.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"It's only funny until someone gets hurt...Then it's hilarious!"