make yum.conf do a user ftp login for baseurl

Harry Putnam reader at newsguy.com
Sun Sep 5 12:30:54 UTC 2004

seth vidal <skvidal at phy.duke.edu> writes:

> umm urlgrabber definitely supports ftp urls.
>
> more info on this would be appreciated in bugzilla.

Did you see my respone to Jeff?

Im not sure there is a url scheme for this usage.

My setup is an internal ftp server with no (Internet) IP.  That is, it
has a local made up IP in the private range.
   192.168.xxx.xxx = reader.local.net0.

ftp has no provision for handing that url a uid and password in the
url that I'm aware of.  Shemes beginning ftp:// do not work in that
case.  Isn't that a short comming of ftp protocol or are you saying
yum should fix that?

If I were to run my own nameserver. I guess the problem would
disappear.  In any event I can cure my trouble by using the http
protocol instead.  http://reader.local.net0/fed3raw
That url scheme works inside the lan long as I have the httpd server
running on reader.local.net.  No nameserver required.

Someone give me more clue if this is bug material please.