xmms segfault

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 7 11:31:07 UTC 2004

Botoaca Andrei wrote:
> No, the problem is with the arts detection patch, and the new arts. If
> you remove the patch from heapening, everything will work fine.

This sounds like the exact problem symptoms from the earlier bug report
submitted. Either importing an .xmms working directory from a previous
installation or leaving out the arts detection patch would allow for a
first time usage of xmms. After the .xmms configuration directory is
setup properly, you only get the font related error.

Jim