OpenOffice i18n is 790MB on disk

Alexandre Strube surak at casa.surak.eti.br
Tue Sep 7 22:16:26 UTC 2004

Em Ter, 2004-09-07 às 16:55, Dan Williams escreveu:
> Jeremy Katz (anaconda/installer guy) is of the opinion that its going to
> make life harder for many people and the user experience worse as well.
> I'll let him elaborate...

User experience?

I did a small test some days ago. Tried to separate my own language
(brazilian portuguese - red hat never provided a pt_BR openoffice,
altough it exists).

It is a 1.6mb rpm file, which turned to use 6mb on hard drive. If I want
to update openoffice, it is 164 megabytes LESS which I need to transfer.
If this is a worse user experience...

--
[]s

Alexandre Ganso
500 FOUR vermelha - Diretor Steel Goose Moto Group