Any updates out there?

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 19:08:23 UTC 2004

On Wed, 08 Sep 2004 19:20:24 +0100, Paul <paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is it me or is it yum? I'm running yum update and am finding nothing in
> the rawhide branch.

Please, before asking people to confirm on the list. Take a moment and
actually look
on the development mirror you are pointing to and visually inspect via
a web browser or ftp client that there are no updates on the mirror.
And then visually inspect the master download server to see if there
are new packages. Its not difficult to generate a directory listing
off an http or ftp server and compare timestamps.  You can also
visually inspect the time stamps for the repository metadata files on
the master server and mirrors you are using to see if the time stamp
is "new".

Things happen, the build process doesn't always complete in a timely
manner, and there are funny things like US holidays that get in the
way of manpower scheduling. If you think there should be updates
available first thing you can do, is go to the master server yourself
and get a directory listing and check timestamps.  Also note that a
summary report of the daily rawhide building is generated an placed
into -devel-list.  Until you read the summary report in the
-devel-list its premature to think its a yum problem.

-jef"antisocial but efficient"spaleta