OpenOffice i18n is 790MB on disk

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Thu Sep 9 18:21:52 UTC 2004

> > > Argh, split i18n is a *pain*.
> >
> > Yes, and downloading every translation possible at each update is another pain.
> > Let a single package to be revised for each translation group maintainer is a pain also.
>
> Upstream, are they separate or together?

Your pick, you can specify which langauges to build at build-time.  I
believe that the authoritative "Sun" builds are per-language, so there
are English installers, Czech installers, German installers, etc.  The
various language projects contribute localized installers with just
their language.  Obviously, we don't want to have completely separate
OOo packages for each language like upstream does.

Dan