Evolution and https

Thomas DuVally tduvally at brown.edu
Fri Sep 10 17:54:28 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-09-10 at 08:56, Mike Chambers wrote:
> Not sure if this is an Evolution problem, or gnome/system problem.  But
> when there is a link with https, it won't trigger any programs (In my
> case, firefox or mozilla).  And I don't see a program any longer that
> allows me to add an extension or prefix or whatever to let https open in
> a program.

I just found a fix to a similar problem.  Gnome not allowing you to set
a default browser for https.  This command sets it:

gconftool-2 --set /desktop/gnome/url-handlers/https/command -t string
'your-browser-here %s'

Also, just to nit-pick, this issue doesn't really belong in
fedora-test-list, more like fedora-list.

--
Thomas J. DuVally
Lead Systems Prog.

GPG fingerprint = FB59 8265 0865 0CB8 94B5 FC26 F573 F09C 15F2 33F6