SELinux holding up nautilus-cd-burner

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at sbcglobal.net
Sat Sep 11 04:31:38 UTC 2004

Just to note that the problem that I mentioned about nautilus-cd-burner
not working was caused by SELinux. A bug report has been filed on it for
FC3T2.

past the part where the CD burner is supposed to be initialized. A popup
box will appear and show every time that you click on it.

test 1; worked through nautilus, as root (gnome-terminal, su to root,
launch nautilus,navigate to iso image location, right click mouse and
select "write to CD" (This works)

test 2: Try to do this as regular user again, watch it fail again. Then
run setenforce 0 in a root tty. Click on the popup selection again,
notice the cd is initialized and a successful burn is completed.

Other burning software:
k3b did not work right as regular user, but did as root before
investigating these failures,

xcdroast started to burn a CD when initially configured as root. I died
and is currently being investigate as to why it bailed shortly after
launching.

The default SELinux configuration is being applied to this system.
(targeted/enforcing)

Jim

PS: X still has a refresh problem w/ the latest CVS version, for the
i815 graphics controller. I thought that it was solved w/ this build. I
did not investigate a possible SELinux connection yet for the oddity.