SELinux holding up nautilus-cd-burner

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at sbcglobal.net
Mon Sep 13 22:51:01 UTC 2004

Daniel J Walsh wrote:
> Jim Cornette wrote:
>
>> Just to note that the problem that I mentioned about
>> nautilus-cd-burner not working was caused by SELinux. A bug report has
>> been filed on it for FC3T2.

>> past the part where the CD burner is supposed to be initialized. A
>> popup box will appear and show every time that you click on it.
>>
>> test 1; worked through nautilus, as root (gnome-terminal, su to root,
>> launch nautilus,navigate to iso image location, right click mouse and
>> select "write to CD" (This works)
>>
>> test 2: Try to do this as regular user again, watch it fail again.
>> Then run setenforce 0 in a root tty. Click on the popup selection
>> again, notice the cd is initialized and a successful burn is completed.
>>
>> Other burning software:
>> k3b did not work right as regular user, but did as root before
>> investigating these failures,
>>
>> xcdroast started to burn a CD when initially configured as root. I
>> died and is currently being investigate as to why it bailed shortly
>> after launching.
>>
>> The default SELinux configuration is being applied to this system.
>> (targeted/enforcing)
>>
>> Jim
>>

> This is almost certainly not an SELinux bug.  Are you seeing any AVC
> messages in the /var/log/messages file?  Have you executed a setenforce
> 0 and tried to write the cdrom?
>
> Dan

If xcdroast is being referred to, I tried the test originally without
running setenforce 0 before test.
Later, I tried the same thing after running setenforce 0 and recieved an
error as in attached files.

The errors were related to power cycling needed on the drives.

I have xcdroast-0.98a15-5 installed but never saw the -6 rpm  for
cdroast appear. I held the files for tests post *-6 version of xcdroast.

For nautilus-cd-burner, running setenforce 0 allowed me to burn the RC2
discs.  Before issuing setenforce 0 the dialog box was causing problems.

Regarding avc errors, I'll have to check for these messages. Are they
still present when running in enforcing mode?

Jim