Radeon 7200 - locks up during initializing

Jim Cornette fct-cornette at sbcglobal.net
Wed Sep 15 03:15:39 UTC 2004

Just to note that I decided to try a video card that was laying around.
The card was an ATI radeon. This card does not work very well with the
radeon driver. I had to resort to the vesa driver for the time being.

The PCI card has 32 MB for memory.

This being on the same computer that the 815 card is part of the
motherboard, is there any need to disable any settings in BIOS? I had
the video recognition set to auto.

The effects are that card comes up in the uper left corner and does not
cover more than 3/4 of the display. I collected data regarding the
radeon driver causing problems, but wanted to know if there were any
settings that might be causing this sort of problem.

Attached is lspci output.

Jim