Multi Wan Question

Paul Jakma paul at dishone.st
Sat Sep 18 02:13:16 UTC 2004

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004, Tiernan OToole wrote:

> I am hoping someone can help me here. I am looking for a way to
> have multiple (2 in this case) WAN connections (Cable modems, again
> in my case) on a Linux box. I have seen other ideas around, but I
> hope that Fedora has the solution I need: ease of setup. I don't
> have a lot of time to be messing with the system, so I would like
> it to be installed and forgotten. Maybe one or two tweaks but with
> a GUI and quick. Thanks in advance.

Not a gui, but easy to setup (it's 90% comments i've just added now),
just edit the 'isp_nets' variable to suit and put the realm/table
names in /etc/iproute2/rt_realms:

 	http://hibernia.jakma.org/~paul/rc.iprules

then call the above from rc.local, or whereever.

regards,
Fortune:
It isn't necessary to have relatives in Kansas City in order to be
unhappy.
 		-- Groucho Marx