Drive icons (FC3t2 fresh install)

PFJ paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Tue Sep 21 08:12:43 UTC 2004

Hi,

My system has multiple drives attached (dev/hda -> dev/hdh). I currently
have /dev/hdb1 as /home, /dev/hdb2 as /MP3, dev/hdg1 as /Programming,
dev/hdg2 as /web and dev/hdh1 as /backup. These are entered in fstab and
all work quite merrily.

I have found something annoying though.

On my desktop, I have icons for all of these directories - they
shouldn't be there and neither should an icon for /media/idedisk1 (/dev/
hda1).

What do I change in fstab so they don't appear? While a link to the MP3
directory is okay, I certainly don't want other users being able to
access the other mounts. For the production version, I would seriously
consider not having them being visible.

Also, why is my zip drive (/dev/hde) designated /media/floppy and my
floppy (/dev/fd0) designated /media/floppy1?

TTFN

Paul
--
"If I face my God tomorrow, I can tell Him I am innocent.
I've never harmed anyone. I have cheated no one.