FC3t2 NFS install hanging on DHCP config

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at mindspring.com
Tue Sep 21 13:08:52 UTC 2004

   i'm trying to install FC3t2 on a dell latitude laptop -- hooked the
laptop to a SMC EZ switch to which my main laptop is also connected,
booted from a CD copy of boot.iso, everything worked fine until i got
to the screen to "Configure TCP/IP", i selected DHCP, got the

   "Sending request for IP information for eth0..."

dialog box for several seconds, then that dialog box disappeared and i
was back at the TCP/IP configure screen again -- no error diagnostic
or anything.

   checking the other virtual consoles, i can see the loading of the
network module "xirc2ps_cs", then "running dhcp for eth0", and several
iterations of

   pump told us: No DHCP reply received

   fair enough, i'll look at how DHCP is configured here, but shouldn't
i expect to at least get an error diagnostic box of some kind telling
me what just happened without having to resort to checking the virtual
consoles?

rday